The first pastor of St. Rocco Church was Father Domenico Billiotti, who arrived in 1903 and served until 1907. His beginnings were very humble. He boarded at a parishioner’s house and said Mass where he found space. He eventually bought land on Clemence and Transit Streets to build the first wooden church. The second pastor was Father Joseph Gotti, who served from 1907 to 1918. He saw the gradual growth of the parish, especially in Baptisms, First Communions, Confirmations, and Marriages. He was also able to pay off the original debt of the parish and build the rectory next to the church. The third pastor was Father Francesco Berti who served from 1918 to 1921. The fourth pastor was Father Davide Angeli who served from 1921 to 1924. The fifth pastor was Father Silvio Sartori who served from 1924 to 1925. The sixth pastor was Father Bartolomeo Marenchini who served from 1925 to 1939, the longest serving to date. He bought the ground where the present church, school, and rectory now stand. The seventh pastor was Father Raphael Larcher who served from 1939 to 1949. He began the major campaign to fund the construction of the new church. However, he was unable to build the church, because he was abruptly called to Rome to assume higher duties for his religious community. The eighth pastor was Father Angelo Susin who served from 1949 to 1957. It was he who was able to finally carry out the long awaited dream of building the new church. The ninth pastor was Father James Viero who served from 1957 to 1968. He was given the task of building the school.
With the completion of the school building, the parish had succeeded in creating a total environment in which the Catholic faith would be sustained. Thus the focus which the following pastors had before them was one of developing of the spiritual, educational, and social life of the parish. The tenth pastor was Father Mario Albanesi who served from 1968 to 1978. The eleventh pastor was Father Joseph Scopa from 1978 to 1988. The twelfth pastor was Father Alfred Almonte who served from 1988 to 2001. The thirteenth pastor was Father Ralph Bove who served from 2001 to 2005. The fourteenth pastor was Father Charles Zanonj from 2006 to the present. Each of these pastors was also involved in the upkeep of the entire physical plant. Today, we have beautiful and well-kept premises, thanks to the leadership and abilities of all the above pastors.
Through the years the pastoral work of a parish was made possible with the help of faithful and dedicated priests and deacon who assisted the pastor in many and various ways. Throughout its history, St. Rocco has been blessed by many such ministers who served and continue to serve the parish. The people remember dearly these co-workers and are indebted to their services.